HiWi job offer - Pluto and webportal exercise
A new course “Signal processing for radio communications” is established and development of laboratory is planned. To complement online teaching, we aim to develop a web-based portal for interactive laboratory. Our students should be able to login remotely, write and compile the simulation code online, adjust tunable parameters, generate numeric output and formulate short reports with obtained results.
We introduce an interactive learning portal to complement teaching with combination of software and hardware exercises. We defined computer simulation exercises and educational software-defined radio (SDR) platform where baseband functions are implemented in SDR to experience a real-life communication over a wireless channel. The simulations and the hands-on exercises seamlessly merge through reuse of essentially the same C language-based code. The major goals are as follows:
- Provide interactive web-based platform for the students to remotely, at time of their choice, and with maximum flexibility in execution simulate theoretic concepts covered in class.
- Provide state-of-the-art hands-on experience to the students with the specified software defined radio. Students can implement, try, and manipulate the code running on the software radio to develop deep understanding of the theoretic concepts learned in class.
Among others these steps need to be done:
- Prepare laboratory practicum with description of C-based and SDR-based exercises based on drafted examples
- Prepare laboratory exercises based on the existing C-code examples of communication systems
- Test and validate the implementation of online C-based laboratory framework (compiler/server/user)
- Test and validate the implementation of online SDR laboratory framework (SDR/server/user)
- An interest in radio communication technologies
- Very good knowledge of C or C++.
In case of interest, please send me an email including the following:
- Very short motivational letter (4-6 sentences)
- Latest transcript of records
- A brief description of your background and CV (if available)