Programming Heterogeneous MPSoCs: Tool Flows to Close the Software Productivity
- Castrillon, J. , Leupers, R.
- Springer International Publishing
- Oct. 2013
AbstractThis book provides embedded software developers with techniques for programming heterogeneous Multi-Processor Systems-on-Chip (MPSoCs), capable of executing multiple applications simultaneously. It describes a set of algorithms and methodologies to narrow the software productivity gap, as well as an in-depth description of the underlying problems and challenges of today’s programming practices. The authors present four different tool flows: A parallelism extraction flow for applications written using the C programming language, a mapping and scheduling flow for parallel applications, a special mapping flow for baseband applications in the context of Software Defined Radio (SDR) and a final flow for analyzing multiple applications at design time. The tool flows are evaluated on Virtual Platforms (VPs), which mimic different characteristics of state-of-the-art heterogeneous MPSoCs.
• Provides a novel set of algorithms and methodologies for programming heterogeneous Multi-Processor Systems-on-Chip (MPSoCs);
• Equips embedded software developers with a unified presentation of sequential and parallel programming;
• Focuses on industry-relevant methodologies and uses real case studies to demonstrate techniques;
• Enables solution of multi-application problems, with generalized and unified programming models.